Hot Caprese Dip/Pizza
- 8 ounces full-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded low-moisture part skim mozzarella
- 3 heaping tablespoons chopped fresh basil, plus more for garnishing
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper, more to taste
- 10.5 ounces grape tomatoes (about two cups) Cut in half
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, dried and cut into small pieces
- bread or crackers for dipping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, mozzarella, chopped basil, and pepper. Spread into bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Layer on grape tomatoes and then fresh mozzarella. Sprinkle with more pepper if desired.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and bubbling and tomatoes start to burst.
- Let stand for 10 minutes and then serve topped with additional fresh basil.
- We served the dip on pizza crust which made it really easy to serve.